Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Knit and Lit

No, not knitting *while* lit. Although, that might be a fun experiment, sometime. (note to self)

I've long had a fascination with photography. I've never taken a course, which I should do, one of these days. But I do like to fiddle around and see what I can manage, and I've gotten a new camera recently--all mine! A "simple" point-and-shoot type thing, with more settings than I know what to do with.

It goes underwater, too!

I like to take it with me (and my dog, Edith) on walks. I have a grand plan to create knitting projects based around the colors of my favorite photos. Or, am I taking photos that would make great color schemes for knitting? Hm.

Either way, I have a few photos to start with! Here's "In a Nutshell":


I've already begun this scarf, with brown/gray/beige, plus cinnamon-colored fun fur to add the pop of autumn orange.

Next up: "Gravel Path":


After I took this picture, I happened across a yarn called "Cobblestone", with big chunks of fluffy woven right in, and couldn't believe my luck. I can hardly wait to see what I make of that! But I have a personal rule that I finish one project before I start another, so this is in my queue.

I'll be sure to post the finished projects with their photos! Plenty more to come. I'm really enjoying my photography/knitting challenge.

Speaking of challenge, I have updates for my 2015 Reading!

I've finished "Dark Dreams" by Roy Hazelwood and Stephen Michaud - a nonfiction book.

Next up - my selection for "a book that came out the year you were born" - which is 1966:


"The Crystal World" actually counts as 'book written by an author with your same initials', and 'book you started but never finished', but I won't double up and count it as three. Where's the fun in that?!

It has a pretty cover (if rather generic), which suddenly gives me an idea to start knitting scarves based on color schemes from book covers. Hm. Hmmmm. 

One more reason to play around in my yarn stash! I like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment